Who We Are
We are a Community who firmly believes in Gods word. Come and worship with us.
It gives me tremendous joy to tell you that the Missionary Church, Assemblies of God, Tampa, Florida, is a congregation that is at the service of Christ, the community and the world, its a united and powerful family church.
Missionary church's vision and purpose is "teaching the Bible and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, so that people get a new life."
My prayer to God is that this vision and purpose are coming true, but above all, the presence of God in the middle of the church making the difference.
The Tampa Missionary Church is affiliated with the Florida Multicultural District of the Assemblies of God. Our church was founded in 1967 by Pastors Gustavo and Iraida Jiménez and pastored until 1978. Since then, We have been officially pastored by: Pastor Samuel López (1978-1979); Pastors Pedro and Victoria Lozada (1979-1990); Pastors Ricardo and Cira Rodríguez (1990-2012) and currently Pastors David and Raquel Zamora from 2013 until today, all affiliated with the Assemblies of God.
Our government is congregational, and our management structure is conformed by an Advisory Board, Deacons and Trustees. Our organization allows us offer to you spiritual support and guidance programs to children, adolescents, youth and adults through different resources and ministries.
We are serving our Tampa Bay Community through Christian Missionary Christian School (MCS), from Pre-School to High School, Prayer Houses and Bible Study in neighborhoods or condominiums. We are helping families in need whit our Annual Back to School Party, delivering more than 300 free backpacks and school supplies.
As Missionary Church, we support and sent missionaries to the Middle East, East Asia and the Caribbean and financially supports other missionaries in the world, as well as collaborates in other missionary projects: dining room for children in Honduras, support for natural disasters outside and within the US, sending bibles to other countries, among others. We are an icon of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Tampa Bay.
Our doctrine and message are Christocentric. Emphasizes confession, repentance and forgiveness of sins. Salvation only by grace and not by works. Commitment and sense of belonging to Christ and His church. It is a community of faith that deals with discipling new believers and strengthening the faith of those who are already in their ranks. The Bible is our all enough rule of faith and conduct. Declaration of fundamental truths revealed in the bible:
- We believe in the verbal Inspiration of the Scriptures. They are reliable and inerrant. (2 Timothy 3: 15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2: 3; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in the One True God; the Eternal I AM revealed in the bible (Deuteronomy 6: 4; Isaiah 43: 10-11).
- We believe in the Adorable Deity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (John 1:18; 15:26; 17: 11,21; Zechariah 14: 9).
- We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Isaiah 7:14; 9: 6; John 1: 1,14; 5: 17-32; 20: 25-28; Romans 9: 5; Hebrews 1: 1-3, 8; 1 John 5:20).
- We believe in the Fall of Man, who by voluntary transgression disobeyed God, brought physical and spiritual death. (Genesis 1: 26,27; 2:17; 3: 6; Romans 5: 12-19).
- We believe in the Salvation of Man only by grace, and that is received by repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 24:37; John 3: 3; Romans 10: 13-15; Ephesians 2: 8; Titus 2:11; 3: 5-7).
- We believe in the Water Baptism Ordinance by immersion as a symbol of the new birth in Christ (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10: 47,48; Romans 6: 4).
- We believe in the Lord's Supper Ordinance, consisting of the elements, bread and wine, as the symbolic expression of Christ's sacrifice on the cross of Calvary (1 Peter 1: 4; 1 Corinthians 11:26).
- We believe in Baptism in the Holy Spirit as a different experience and subsequent to the new birth (Luke 24:49; Acts 1: 4,8; 1 Corinthians 11: 14-16; 15: 7-9; 8: 12- 17; 10: 44-46).
- We believe that speaking in other languages is the initial evidence of Baptism in the Holy Spirit whose promise is to believers of all times (Acts 2: 4; 1 Corinthians 12: 4-10,28).
- We believe in instant and progressive Sanctification as an act of separation from that which is evil and dedication to God (Romans 12: 1,2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12).
- We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, the dwelling place of God through the Holy Spirit, divinely appointed for the fulfillment of His Great Commission (Matthew 28: 19,20; Mark 15:16; Acts 1: 8; 1 Corinthians 12:13, 28; 14:12; Ephesians 1: 22,23; 2:22; 4: 11-16; Hebrews 12:23).
- We believe in the divinely called and ordained ministry provided by our Lord Jesus Christ with a threefold purpose: the evangelization of the world (Mark 16: 15-20); the worship of God (John 4: 23,24); the building of a body of saints, perfecting themselves in the image of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4: 11-16; cf. Romans 12: 4-5; 1 Corinthians 12: 12-27; 1 Peter 2: 5).
- We believe in the divine healing that was provided in the atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross of Calvary and that is part of the gospel of Christ that we preach (Isaiah 53: 4; Matthew 8: 16,17; James 5: 14-16 ).
- We believe in the Blessed Hope of the resurrection of those who die in Christ and their transfer together with those who live and remain until the coming of the Lord as the eminent and blessed hope of the Church (l Thessalonians 4: 16,17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15: 51,52).
- We believe in the Millennial Kingdom of Christ (Zechariah 14: 5; Matthew 24: 25,30; Revelation 1: 7; 19: 11-14; 20: 1-6).
- We believe in the Last Judgment (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43; Revelation 19:20; 20: 11-15; 21: 8) and also in New Heavens and New Earth (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21 : 22).